I know what you’re thinking. How can a dessert be delicious and good for you? My signature Coco Banana muffins are what you’ve been waiting for! A healthy, vegan gourmet treat with all of the yummy goodness and none of the guilt.
Get your apron on and let’s do this!
- Everything But The Bananas Mix (can be purchased at Whole Foods)
- Three ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use Thrive Culinary Algae Oil for heart health benefits)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Silk Soy Vanilla Creamer
- 2 cups of chocolate pudding (I use Zen Chocolate Pudding made with Almond Milk which is a Vegan product)
- 2 scoops of Chia seeds ( a whole grain superfood packed with protein, fiber, omega fatty acids, anti-oxidants, vitamins, and minerals)
- 1 scoop of VITAFORCE (a whole food vitamin and mineral supplement packed with superfoods and probiotics)
This easy to make recipe will yield 12 vegan and incredibly delicious muffins. These are a great healthy snack for kids because you’re getting all of the benefits of Vitaforce and Chia Seeds.
You can tweak the recipe for various food allergies. For example, you can make these muffins gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of theEverything But The Bananas Mix . If you have a nut allergy, you can use regular chocolate pudding or non-dairy soy chocolate pudding instead. You can make the muffins soy- free by using vanilla extract instead of Silk Soy Creamer.
Chef It Up
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with vegan butter or vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl mix three mashed ripe bananas.
- Add the Banana Bread mix, water, oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate pudding, chia seeds and VITAFORCE and mix again until silky smooth.
- Pour batter into the greased muffin tin. Tap the tin so the batter settles evenly.
- Place the muffin tin on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 28 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Test the muffins by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center of one muffin until it comes out clean. Then you know they are ready to come out of the oven.
- Allow the muffins to cool for about five minutes. The muffins are best enjoyed warm! If you want to take these muffins to the next level, then add Natural Nectar’s Hazelnut Cocoa Spread with sliced bananas on top.